Welcome to the Faculty of Usuluddin (Islamic Studies)
The Faculty of Usuluddin (Islamic Studies) is one of the founding faculties of the rapidly growing International Islamic University and it truly epitomizes both its attributes i.e. international and Islamic. The Faculty members come from different Arab and non Arab countries with highest degrees from leading Islamic universities in the Muslim World. Some of them have pursued their further specialization in local and western universities as well.
The language of instruction is both Arabic and English with a view that all courses related to Islam must be studied from their original sources and original language so that the student gets first hand knowledge of his/her area of study. The courses that are related to contemporary human thought are introduced in English language with the same view that the student should get the first hand knowledge of them as well. This enables the student to develop himself/herself on both the planes and opens a myriad of opportunities for his/her future studies.
Presently, the Faculty runs specializations in Tafseer and Qur’anic Sciences, Hadith and its Sciences, Aqeedah and Philosophy, Seerah and Islamic History, Comparative Religion, Da’wah and Islamic Culture on both bachelor and master levels. Doctorate programs are also included in Tafseer and Qur’anic Sciences, Hadith and its Sciences and Comparative Religion. The Faculty is also working on starting new programs which will be available soon.
The Faculty has collaboration with other institutions of the University such as Islamic Research Institute, Iqbal International Institute for Research and Dialogue and Dawah Academy.
The Faculty of Usuluddin comprises of the following departments
The Faculty of Usuluddin (Islamic Studies) is one of the pioneer teaching units of IIUI and as such has a leading role in achieving the objectives for which this international seat of Islamic learning was established. The following is a bird’s eye views of these objectives:
1. To produce competent scholars who are well versed in basic Islamic disciplines and capable of guiding the Muslim Ummah in molding its life in accordance with the teachings of Islam.
2. To produce scholars who have a clear perception of the contemporary Muslim society and of the dangers threatening its very existence and future survival. They are also expected to be capable of drawing up plans to deal effectively with the designs of the enemies of Muslim Ummah to annihilate Islam as an ideology and to obstruct the efforts of the Muslims to restructure their social life according to Islamic principles and values.
3. To enlighten the students on the modern methods and techniques of Da’wah and train them in the application of audio-visual equipment for effective education of the Muslim masses about the fundamental moral and spiritual teachings of Islam.
4. To familiarize the Muslim youth with contemporary ideologies and philosophies threatening the very existence of Islamic communities and train them in the methods to combat their influence in the Muslim world.
5. To educate the students about the modern sociological and psychological theories that would enable them to understand the psychology of the masses and the socioeconomic environments surrounding them.
Our permanent faculty is a dynamic and growing community of scholars active in most of the principal areas of research. We have also succeeded in receiving cooperation and assistance from the highly qualified and learned academicians in the twin cities in the form of Adjunct Faculty for our research programme in different departments.
The Faculty of Usuluddin (Islamic Studies) was established in 1981. The Faculty of Usuluddin (Islamic Studies) is one of the pioneer teaching units of IIUI and as such has a leading role in achieving the objectives for which this international seat of Islamic learning was established. The faculty of the rapidly growing international Islamic University and it truly epitomizes both its attributes i.e. international and Islamic. The faculty members come from different Arab & non Arab Countries with Highest degrees from leading Islamic universities in the Muslim world. The Language of instruction is both English & Arabic with a view that all course related to Islam must be studied from their original sources and original language so that the students gets first hand knowledge of his/her area of study .
The Faculty strives to produce the manpower that will contribute towards the development of Pakistan and the Muslim Ummah to gain a competitive edge in the global village. This is achieved by providing state of the art knowledge and skills required and in vogue in the fast changing business world along with sound social and ethical values of Islam.