Applications are invited from qualified persons for a limited number of HEC sponsored overseas scholarships (Male & Female) for Ph.D studies in the reputed and recognized Universities abroad for the following disciplines:-
Engineering & Technology
Minimum eligibility Criteria
1. The applicant shall be a Pakistani/AJK National.
2. Candidates should have minimum M.Phil/MS degree (18 years of education) in the relevant discipline from HEC recognized University/Institution.
3. Should have not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
4. Maximum age on June 14, 2008:
a. 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations.
b. 35 years for all others.
5. Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on the cut off date of the application i.e. 11.05.2009.
6. Persons in receipt of any other scholarship offer are NOT eligible to apply.
7. Preference given to:
a. Those who hold valid admission for Ph.D
b. Candidates who have been offered admission in tuition free institution.
c. Candidates whose admission requires minimum possible fees.
d. Candidates who preferably hold admission to universities in USA, Australia, Germany, New Zealand and Scandinavian countries.
Candidates will be required to fill the application form online and submit printed copy of online application along with non-refundable processing fee of Rs.500/- in the form of Pay Order/Bank Draft in favor of International Islamic University, Islamabad.. Attach following documents along with the prescribed application form:-
2. Attested photocopy of CNIC
3. Most recent photographs (4 Nos.)
4. Attested photocopies of all Educational Testimonials, Equivalence of foreign qualification/s from IBCC/HEC will be required.
5. Statement of Purpose for pursuing higher studies (max. 500 words).
6. Research Proposal.
7. NOC from the employer (in-service candidates).
8. Attested photocopy of valid NTS pass certificate.
9. Attested photocopy of confirmed admission for Ph.D.
10. Three letters of reference from academic/research supervisors.
Eligible faculty members of IIUI, if interested, are advised to route their applications through proper channel. They are not required to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-.
NOTE:- All above documents should be in proper order.
1. All Scholarships will be awarded on open merit.
2. Confirmed and unconditional admission letters should clearly state that the admission is valid for a Ph.D programme.
3. In-service candidates should apply through proper channel. Advance copies will not be entertained.
4. Funding for a maximum period of 4 years will be provided for Ph.D studies. Expenses beyond the allocated fund shall be borne by the candidate himself/herself for which an undertaking will be required after selection.
5. Awardees have to execute a bond with the IIU to serve it for 5 years after completion of study.
6. Continuation of Scholarship shall be subject to satisfactory performance certified by the respective supervisor of the host University.
7. Incomplete and applications received after due date will not be entertained.
8. Selected candidates from institutions other than IIU shall have to resign from their present jobs and will be provided the jobs at IIU as per rules.
The IIU reserves the right to short list the candidates and to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason.
Click here to download Applications form, duly completed in all respects should reach the Director (Academic Planning & Coordination), International Islamic University, New Campus, Sector H-10, Islamabad by May 14, 2009 through registered mail or courier service.
(Gulzar Ahmed Khwaja)
(Academic Planning & Coordination)
International Islamic University
New Campus, Sector H-10, Islamabad
Tele: 051-9258044, 0345-5105155
E-mail: [email protected]