|The Faculty of Usuluddin (Islamic Studies) is one of the pioneer teaching units of IIUI and as such has a leading role in achieving the objectives for which this international seat of Islamic learning was established. The following is a bird’s eye views of these objectives:
1. To produce competent scholars who are well versed in basic Islamic disciplines and capable of guiding the Muslim Ummah in molding its life in accordance with the teachings of Islam.
2. To produce scholars who have a clear perception of the contemporary Muslim society and of the dangers threatening its very existence and future survival. They are also expected to be capable of drawing up plans to deal effectively with the designs of the enemies of Muslim Ummah to annihilate Islam as an ideology and to obstruct the efforts of the Muslims to restructure their social life according to Islamic principles and values.
3. To enlighten the students on the modern methods and techniques of Da’wah and train them in the application of audio-visual equipment for effective education of the Muslim masses about the fundamental moral and spiritual teachings of Islam.
4. To familiarize the Muslim youth with contemporary ideologies and philosophies threatening the very existence of Islamic communities and train them in the methods to combat their influence in the Muslim world.
5. To educate the students about the modern sociological and psychological theories that would enable them to understand the psychology of the masses and the socioeconomic environments surrounding them.