- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of IIU degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M.S/M. Phil., and Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- Coordination with Quality Assurance Agency of HEC for guidance and help on all matters related to quality Assurance.
- Capacity building of its team through HEC training programs.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student’s perception.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s M. Phil. And Ph. D. degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
- External offices Coordination
- Accreditation of all respective Programs
- Faculty Appointment Criteria implementation of HEC
- Promoting Research in university
- Plagiarism policy implementation
- Reporting & Focal point for Statistics
- Implementation of All other procedures and policies by HEC