|1. To develop the International Islamic University as the Premier seat of learning in South Asia with special emphasis on Islamic disciplines, the Hadith, Fiqh, History, Islamic Thought & Civilization and Social Sciences occupying the central position.
2. To highlight and define the relevance of Islam in changing modern times to the whole human life, thought and action.
3. To provide a sound intellectual and scholastic foundation for the ideological, moral, intellectual, social, economic and technological development of the Muslim Ummah within the framework of the values, ideals, principles and norms of Islam.
4. To produce skilled personnel for effective implementation of Islamic norms and values and management of Islamic institutions of Pakistan in particular and other parts of the world in general.
5. To foster cooperation and promote mutual understanding among the institutions working for the advancement of Islamic learning and knowledge in different parts of the world for the realization of common objectives.
6. To study and interpret the teachings of Islam in the context of the intellectual and scientific progress of the modern world.
7. To encourage and promote education, training and research in different areas of learning such as social, natural, applied and communication sciences with special emphasis on Islamic learning.
The University achieves these goals by: