GUIDELINES FOR OVERSEAS CANDIDATES
Expatriate Pakistani(s) & Foreigner(s) applicants constitute Overseas Candidates
- Candidates coming from an English Medium Stream (“O” and “A” level or equivalent) may be granted exemption in non-credit English language courses but would appear in level test of Arabic language at the Arabic Language Teaching Unit, Faculty of Arabic, IIUI for determination of their placement to study non-credit courses in Arabic Language before being registered in their respective faculties. This policy is applied to both Bachelor and Master degree programs.
- If a candidate is found deficient in Arabic or English language, he/she will study the required language(s) in ALT / ELT Units of the University and shall have to come to the required standard of proficiency before being allowed to join regular program of study i.e. under graduate or graduate.
- Candidates holding a Higher Secondary School Certificate or a Bachelor Degree from an Arab country /Arabic speaking country shall be exempted in Arabic language. He / She will, however, be required to study English language in Faculty of Languages & Literature before being allowed to join regular program of study i.e. under graduate or graduate.
- With foreign education except O & A Level, TOEFL with score 500 or IELTS with 6.00 band score is required for admission to Faculty of Management Sciences(FMS) and Faculty of Basic & Applied Sciences(FBAS)
- No admission is allowed on paper qualification to Faculty of Engineering & Technology according to the policy of Pakistan Engineering Council.
- No admission is allowed on the basis of paper qualification to the result awaiting overseas candidates. They have to appear for entry test to be conducted by the faculty as per schedule.
- Overseas candidates present in Pakistan at the time of entry test are required to appear for entry test as per schedule.
- Equivalence of foreign certificates /degree to be obtained from Inter Board Committee of Chairman, Islamabad Pakistan and Higher Education Commission Pakistan within a time span of one semester after joining the university.
- University offers admission after evaluation of academic record of overseas candidate. However, applicants for MS/M. Phil/Ph. D are required to submit result of NTS/GRE exam within nine (09) months time from their joining the University.
- Admission to Overseas / Foreigner students is offered in one (01) degree program and it is not allowed to switch-over to any other degree program after joining IIUI. For change in degree program, the candidate is required to apply afresh from the country of his/her origin after completion of requisite procedure.
- Any information may be sought for through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Procedure for Overseas Candidates
Overseas candidate has to apply for admission directly to IIUI, on prescribed application form available on IIUI website (Click here to Download). Complete form to be sent to following addresses):-
- MALE OVERSEAS APPLICANTS:
Overseas Admission Office, Room No. 129, 1st Floor, Admin Block, International Islamic University Sector H-10, Islamabad – Pakistan.
Ph: +92-51-9258007, 9019565; Fax: +92-51-9257915.
- FEMALE OVERSEAS APPLICANTS:
Overseas Admission Office, Room No.S-03, Ground Floor, Admin Block, International Islamic University Sector H-10, Islamabad – Pakistan. Ph: +92-51-9019288; Fax: +92-51-9257929.
Following documents are required to be attached along with form:-
- Application Processing Fee (Non-refundable) amounting to US $ 40/. or equal amount in Pakistani rupee is paid in IIUI bank account in designated branch (attach copy of deposit challan) or Bank Draft or Pay Order favoring IIUI payable at HBL IIU Branch, Islamabad is attached
- Duly signed Application Form (in duplicate).
- Eight Passport size Photographs (with blue background).
- Attested photocopies of final degree/certificate and other testimonials, TOEFL, IELTS etc. (in duplicate).
- Copy of Passport for candidates older than 18 years and copy of Child Registration Form for candidates below 18 years.
- Three copies of duly filled Government of Pakistan permission form (Student Information Sheet) available on IIU website: (Click here to Download) .
- Undertaking for Admission on paper qualification (Click here to Download) .
Grant of Admission and Visa Formalities
- IIUI issues admission offer letter to successful candidate and copy of the same offer letter is sent to the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan and to Ministry of Interior, Govt of Pakistan. HEC coordinates all approvals/verification for the student’s visa requirement.
- After completion of requirements, Ministry of Interior GOP sends visa advice to Pakistani Embassy/High Commission of the country of student’s origin.
- Student(s) approaches Pakistani Embassy/High Commission at his country of origin for grant of visa along with following documents:-
- Application Form (Student Information Sheet)
- Photocopy of Passport
- Educational Documents
- Admission letter of the University
- Student visa is issued by Pakistani Embassy/High Commission after fulfillment of all requirements for duration of studies to be renewed annually on the basis of security clearance.
- Extension in visa is granted on the recommendations of IIUI and on production of following documents:-
- Visa Extension form to be certified by IIUI
- Bona-fide Student Certificate to be issued by IIUI in due course
- Recommendations of IIUI for grant of extension in Visa, or otherwise
- The student himself approaches to the concerned authorized passport office of the region along with above listed documents for extension in visa.
- Intimation regarding any student leaving IIUI or not remaining a full-time student of IIUI is immediately reported to HEC for onward submission to Ministry of Interior, GOP for necessary action.