International Islamic University, Islamabad
|Patron in Chief|
|Prof. Dr. Ahmad Yousif A. Al-Draiweesh|
|Prof. Dr. N. B. Jumani
OBJECTIVES OF SEMINAR
- To revive and review the founding vision and mission
- To remind the present leaders, teachers, administrators and this huge student body the aim and objectives of the university
- To review its various curricula and revamp syllabus designing on modern, progressive lines and bring it at par with the global developments in knowledge
- To assess the problems of the faculty and the students in the era of commercialization of education and suggest ways and means to minimize the harmful effects of such processes
- To devise comprehensive strategy for teachers’ training workshops and seminars to achieve academics excellence
- To chalk out strategies for the digitalization of knowledge so that both male and female faculty and students may benefit from the existing global knowledge(s) and various epistemologies.
THEMES OF SEMINAR
THEME # 1: CONCEPT AND PHILOSOPHY OF ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY
- Reviving the Founding Vision.
- Role of International Islamic University, Islamabad (IIUI) in Muslim Renaissance, and its services to Muslim Minorities.
- Evaluation of “Knowledge Integration Model” in Shariah & Law and Economics.
- Strategies of integration of knowledge in Social Sciences, humanities, Applied Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
THEME # 2: FUTURE PLANS OF THE FACULITES AND ACADEMICS
Faculties of IIU
- Faculty of Shariah & Law
- Faculty of Usul-ud-Din
- Faculty of Arabic Language
- Faculty of Languages
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Academics and Instutites of IIU
- Islamic Research Institute
- Da’wah Academy
- Shariah Academy
- Iqbal Institute for Research & Dialogue
- International Institute of Islamic Economics
- Other administrative units/Directorates
THEME # 3: CURRICULUM DEVEOPMENT, TEACHING AND TRAINING STRATEGIES
- Developing Curricula, Designing Syllabi on modern, progressive lines in the globalized world.
- Languages teaching in the university: Present scenario & future prospects.
- Islamic Sciences: Present scenario & future prospects.
- Teacher Training: Need Analysis and Strategies.
- Character Building: Devising Effective Systems at IIUI.
THEME # 4: RESEARCH CULTURE
- Developing Research Culture at IIUI.
- Developing and maintaining a modern library.
- Digitalization of knowledge.
- Comprehensive strategy for teachers’ training workshops and seminars.
THEME # 5: IIU WOMEN CAMPUS
- IIU’s vision of Women education.
- Contemporary philosophy of Women education and Role of Women Campus: Challenges and Vision.
- Women Campus IIUI: Problems, Opportunities and future vision.
REVIEWS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Reports & recommendations.
- One representative of International Islamic University, Malaysia.
- One representative of International Islamic University, Indonesia
LANGUAGE OF SEMINAR:
Arabic and English, with instantaneous translation arrangements. Participants are required to submit one page summary of their paper in Arabic Language.
Quaid–e-Azam Auditorium Complex, (Old-campus), International Islamic University, Islamabad.
Date of Seminar:
April 1st & 2nd , 2013 (20-21 Jamadi-ul-Awwal, 1434 H.)
Last Date of submission of Abstract
February 20, 2013 (9 Rabi-ul-Thani, 1434 H.)
Date of intimation of acceptance of Abstract:
February 25,2013 (14 Rabi-ul-Thani, 1434 H.)
Last Date of submission of full text paper(s):
March 10, 2013 (27 Rabi-ul-Thani, 1434 H.)
Date of intimation about acceptance of paper:
March 20, 2013 (8 Jamadi-ul-Awwal, 1434 H.)
NOTE: The author of accepted seminar paper will be required to submit their paper in Word Doc alongwith Power Point Presentation and the same should also be emailed to: email@example.com
Please contact for further information:
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Tahir Mansoori, Ph.# 0305 5550099
D.G, Shariah Academy
- Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Anwar, Ph.# 0300 4197665Assistant Professor, FSL
- Professor Dr. N. B. Jumani,Ph.# 0333 5163083Secretary, Steering Committee/Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences