“Role of Islamic Universities in Teaching of Arabic
6-7 March 2017
|Arabic Language is the world certified language of Islam and since the birth of Islam in Arab region it got a sacred attention of scholars and linguistics from all over the world. There have been constant ongoing studies to address the problem: how to diffuse the Arabic Language in the world’s cultures, humanities, particularly in Muslim communities, so that being an International Islamic University it was a due responsibility of it to work for Spreading Arabic Language especially in Pakistani Society and generally in Muslim minorities in the world. This conference is being held to organise scientifically a meaningful discourse of the role of Islamic Universities in Asia and Africa as well as to share their experiences in the field of Teaching of Arabic language to non-native speakers. This will be a significant effort to enhance Arabic Teaching and to address the weaknesses and to suggest the concrete measures about how to overcome it.
|Goals and Objectives:
- To address the deficiencies in the provision of scientific activities involved in teaching the Arabic language to non-native speakers at the regional and international level.
- To provide an opportunity for professionals in this area to observe the latest theories in teaching Arabic to non-native speakers and to exchange experiences and opinions related to this field.
- To strengthen the primal initiatives in the field of teaching Arabic to non-native speakers.
- To Support the vision of International Islamic University in Teaching of Arabic to non-native speakers
- To contribute effective methods of teaching Arabic language to non-native speakers and to improve curriculums of teaching.
- Contributing to the developmental means of teaching Arabic to non-native speakers in Pakistan.
- Identification of key factors to ensure the success of teaching Arabic in Pakistan
- To overcome the obstacles faced by those who deal with the teaching of Arabic at International Islamic University and to suggest possible solutions to overcome these problems.
- Display models and sharing experiences arising in the field of teaching Arabic to non-Native speakers
|Major Topics: The conference topics of interest include:
- Imperativeness of Arabic language teaching in Islamic universities.
- Role of Islamic universities and its role in teaching Arabic to non-native speakers.
- Curriculums of Arabic language teaching to non-native speakers in Islamic universitiesin the ample light of current and future values and plans.
- Adaptation of modern means and application of up-to-date resources to Arabic language teaching to non-native speakers in Islamic universities.
- Constraints and challenges facing the teaching of Arabic language to non-native speakers in Islamic universities and ways about how to address it.
- Means of how students be motivated for Arabic language learning.
- Methods and techniques of Arabic language teaching to non-natives.
- Efforts of Islamic universities, its practices and capabilities regarding Arabic language teaching (International Islamic University Islamabad as a role model).
- Modern means being used in training and enhancing Arabic language teaching skills.
- Learning of Arabic language teaching for peculiar and distinctive purposes.
- Assessment and evaluation in the field of Arabic language teaching to non-native speakers.
- Teaching of Arabic language, with aiming at enhancing its four skills, to non-native speaker (Theory and Practice)
- Urging Islamic universities on playing its vital role nationally and internationally in multi-colored occasions and events regarding Arabic language learning and teaching.
- Importance of the collaboration of organizations and foundations of Arabic language with Islamic universities in Arabic language teaching.
- The role of culture, linguistic and educational foundations in Arabic language teaching in non-Arab countries.
- The role of Arabic and Islamic schools/Madaris in Arabic language teaching in Pakistan.
- The role of translation in Arabic language teaching.
|Instructions for Participation:
- Fill out the Conference Registration form available on www.iiu.edu.pk
- Write down an abstract of 300 words in standard Arabic language.
- Provide 3-6 Key Words for respective research (conference paper).
- The writing must be firsthand and original.
- The writing must be at level to bring such kind of invention, innovation, origination as well as improvement.
- After receiving the abstract at conference desk, an abstract receiving message will be sent to the researcher.
- In case of approval an invitation will be sent to the participant.
- Paper must be within the range of 20 pages with font size 14.
- International Islamic University will host its conference participants from inside and outside of the country with soft accommodation excluding travel; air and non-fares.
- The deadline for receiving abstracts is 15 December 2016.
- The deadline for notification of accepted abstracts is 23 December 2016.
- The deadline for receiving Complete Paper is 30 January 2017.
- The deadline for notification of accepted papers is 12 February 2017.
- Conference date: 6-7 March 2017.
- All submissions must be made by e-mail to the following address:
- For further details please visit our website (www.iiu.edu.pk)